Catch Me If You Can

Monday, February 15, 2010

Well, I Survived Day One

Aw, yay! Turns out I do still have some checker-inners out there in the ether! *waves hello at the TLS ladies!* I've missed y'all!

Day One = Chest & Back + Ab Ripper X

Chest & Back:

Pushups (on the knees, not the toes): 12 of each kind, every time
Pullups (using the resistance band over the door until I can do pullups): 25 of each kind, every time
Weights (10 lbs each hand): 15 reps for everything

Ab Ripper X:

Barely survived, skipped a couple of the exercises to avoid passing out (we all do the same number of reps so not much to report except general impressions)

I think that's everything. A lot of today was just figuring out how to use the new equipment and how to pace myself. I can push harder next week, because I'll know what to expect!

I also learned that getting up in the morning for a 30 minute jog on an empty stomach or with just a cup of juice or granola bar in me = no problem. But getting up in the morning for a 1.5 hour intense weight-lifting (and let's be honest, pretty aerobic) exercise session on the same fuel = not ok! I have to figure out how to sufficiently fuel up (without getting up any earlier than 5 a.m., and without eating bananas 'cause I don't like 'em) so that I won't feel lightheaded by the time ab ripper X comes around! Today I tried a protein-type bar + gatorade. Tomorrow (and more importantly, Wednesday) I will try Ritz with peanut butter + gatorade. Hoping for a miracle food.

I'm not feeling too sore this evening, though I am sure I will feel it tomorrow. Speaking of tomorrow, in the morning I'll be doing Plyometrics. It's only an hour. Bring on the cardio!

Oh, and Courtney is doing fine too. We are both still trying to get used to the program. And we are both depressed that we can't do a pullup, so we are determined to keep up with this program at least until we have conquered that much! :^)

4 Comments:

  • At 5:50 AM , Blogger Liza Jane said...

    Hey, pull ups are HARD! Even when I'm working out a lot I still can't do one.

     
  • At 2:55 PM , Blogger Liza Jane said...

    Oh, and when I was doing Bikram a lot I started making yummy smoothies with a little scoop of protein powder so that I wasn't about to fall over halfway through the workout.

     
  • At 7:01 PM , Blogger Soprano said...

    Yeah, I will probably jump on board with the protein shake idea.

    Also, I was just watching Lost and this part happened and I had to take notes, so I'll share them with you so you can see what a nerd I am:

    4 - Locke
    8 - Hurley
    15 - Sawyer
    16 - Sayid
    23 - Jack
    42 - Jin or Sun

     
  • At 5:54 AM , Blogger Liza Jane said...

    Haha! I love that you wrote the numbers down. Since it's Lost, I'm sure that will actually come in handy...still not sure how I feel about sub-Locke.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home