Catch Me If You Can

Thursday, October 11, 2007

You Spin Me Right Round Baby

Right round like a record you spin me.

Thursdays are all about some more cross training. I think the idea is that if you run every day, you will (a) get bored and (b) increase your chances of injury. Hey, running is a high-impact sport. (Not to be confused with high-contact sports like football - War Eagle!)

So I'm trying to keep things interesting (and injury free) by rotating in some time on the elliptical, a little spinning, and a little swimming. Too bad this is not NYC and I can't just drop in for a dance class once a week - that would be ideal!

Anyway, about today's spinning - I went to the express "lunch-hour" class, which basically compressed an hour's worth of spinning into an intense 30 minutes. And it was so fun - mostly because I brought with me my newly purchased squishy bike seat (yes, that's a technical term) to keep my booty comfortable, or at least semi-comfortable.

I feel nice and energized. Time for lunch, and then I must get back to the real world of editing and Bluebooking and Gregg's and Webster's 11th...

Only one more week, after this one, of building up to the training program - stay tuned. Things are about to get messy! :)

1 Comments:

  • At 1:36 PM , Blogger Liza Jane said...

    Today, was not a good running today. I think tomorrow I'm going to take a page out of your book and do some XT.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home