Catch Me If You Can

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Third time's the charm

Quote: "I feel the need. The need for speed." - Top Gun

Today was speed training, oy vay. I did 6 quarter-mile laps at 2:10 each, with a warm-up and cool-down jog. I wanted to stop at 4 laps, but I pressed on. I have to admit, my pace slowed to about 2:20 on those last 2 laps, but I'm not beating myself up about it. I'm not used to kicking it, so this will be fun. (That's what I keep telling myself, so as to draw attention away from the pain.)

It was tough today, and I'm feeling the fear... the fear of the 26.2.

It was hot again outside, but when you are only going a quarter mile every time, it's not so bad. I can do anything for 2 minutes right? Whew... need pasta now!

Today: 2 miles

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home