Catch Me If You Can

Monday, October 30, 2006

First Steps

Today was the first training run. I felt the need to document what I was feeling and what better place to do that than blogger. I doubt this will be interesting to anyone besides me, but read on if you like.

It was hot this evening, maybe 80*F. I ran around my neighborhood and didn't feel bad, but my lungs were on fire. I used the inhaler before I left to run, but had to use it again when I got home. Hopefully that will stop when the weather cools off...

I have decided (1) running a marathon is an ambitious goal, (2) running a marathon in 4 hours may be too ambitious, (3) the whole thing is very much a mental game. Maybe the mental training is more important than the physical - thus the blog.

Today: 2 miles, 20 minutes

Quote: Set your goals high because what a person accomplishes is in proportion to what they attempt. - Mitchell Naufell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home