Catch Me If You Can

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Starting P90X

Probably nobody visits this blog anymore, and I understand why. I have not been consistently active, much less blogged about it, in a while. But I'm about to take the 90-day P90X challenge, and I need a place to document my progress. Maybe it's ok if nobody is reading anymore. :)

To keep myself accountable, I am starting P90X with a friend of mine from work, Courtney. She is a first year associate at the firm also, and we are both looking to be more fit and toned, and hopefully not too utterly beaten up by the workouts before us! I don't know about her, but my goal is to not feel super self-conscious at our firm retreat in September -- where there is the possibility of boat outings and pool lounging.

With that goal in mind, here are the (rather depressing) results of my pre-P90X fitness test.

Resting Heartrate: 68 bpm
Pullups: 1/4 (pathetic, I know)
Vertical Leap: 9 inches
Pushups: 7 (real, on the toes pushups; but probably not getting down close enough to the ground)
Flexibility: -6 inches (for a former dancer, that's pretty bad)
Wall Squat: 1 minute 7 seconds
Bicep Curls: 15 (10 pounds in each hand)
Ab Test (In & Outs): 28
Heartrate Immediately after Jump & Jacks: 189
Heartrate One Minute Later: 153
Heartrate Two Minutes Later: 136
Heartrate Three Minutes Later: 121
Heartrate Four Minutes Later: 113

Hopefully all of those measurements will improve over the next 90 days!

P90X offers a full diet plan and everything, but I don't know how much of the diet I am going to attempt. My goal is to eat healthier (no sodas, less processed foods, more fresh homecooked meals, more veggies, more water) and just see what happens.

Ready to bring it first thing tomorrow morning! Wish me luck!

3 Comments:

  • At 3:43 PM , Blogger Liza Jane said...

    I visit! And I'm totally interested to see how things turn out. I read that Pink uses the P90X stuff and she's super buff.

     
  • At 3:43 PM , Blogger Liza Jane said...

    I visit! And I'm totally interested to see how things turn out. I read that Pink uses the P90X stuff and she's super buff.

     
  • At 11:20 AM , Blogger Some Girl said...

    I've got it listed in my blog Reader, so it popped up when you posted something new!
    I'll be reading. Good luck, honey bun!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home